CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is a compound that is found occurring naturally in the leaves and flowers of the hemp plant. Essentially, every plant in the cannabis family as cannabinoids. CBD is among the many cannabinoids that are extracted from the hemp plant. However, this cannabinoid is non-psychoactive. That means it doesn’t get the user high the way tetrahydrocannabinol or THC does. THC is the primary compound in medicinal and recreational cannabis.
Nevertheless, CBD has many potential benefits thanks to the complex endocannabinoid system of the body. The human brain has specific receptors that accept cannabinoids. These are CB1 and CB2 receptors. CB1 receptors are present in the nervous system and are responsible for the psychoactive properties that a person exhibits after consuming THC and a healthy brain. CB2 receptors are found in the immune system cells.
Unlike THC, the best CBD (more details) does not bind to the receptors. However, it modifies their binding abilities for cannabinoids. Many CBD proponents have attributed this property to the many potential benefits of cannabidiol, including anxiety and pain relief. Research indicates that CBD has shown potential neuroprotective properties and the ability to alleviate cancer-related systems. Nevertheless, further research is still required.
Vegan CBD Edibles
CBD edibles are cannabis consumables that do not require combustion. That means you don’t have to light the flower for cannabinoids to be activated. To enjoy the CBD effects, you need to consume the edibles the way you eat food. Common CBD edibles include brownies, mints, cookies, savory food, and mints. THC-infused edibles are very popular. However, vegans can also make CBD edibles at home.
CBD is a plant-based product. Therefore, CBD edibles are vegan. Essentially, CBD edibles are made with the hemp seed. Some manufacturers use CBD from organic hemp or cannabis farms. That means they use CBD from farms that do not use herbicides and pesticides.
Recipes for Vegan CBD Edibles
Being vegan means that CBD edibles do not have animal ingredients. Here are five recipes for making vegan CBD edibles.
Vegan CBD Brownies Recipe
You can make amazing vegan CBD brownies at home. For your brownies to last longer, store them in a freezer.
- Four all-purpose flour cups
- Three granulated sugar cups
- Two cocoa powder cups
- One and a half tablespoons salt
- One tablespoon of baking powder
- Two apple sauce cups
- Half cup agave
- One cup of almond milk
- One and a half sunflower oil cups
- Three tablespoons of CBD oil
- One tablespoon vanilla extract
- Six tablespoon cocoa nibs
- Two cups of mini chocolate chips
- Add and mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Combine and stir the dry and wet ingredients and then stir them using a hand whisk. Do this until the mixture smoothes and then add your chocolate chips and continue to mix.
- Pour batter into 9”x12”paper-lined and oiled baking pans. Top this with cocoa nibs.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 325F
- Allow your brownies time to cool and then cut every sheet into 12 portions.
Store your brownies in a cool, dry place.
CBD Gummy Bears Recipe
Most CBD gummies are not vegan because they include gelatin. It is used to thicken the candies. However, you can make vegan gummy bears using agar-agar.
To make 30 gummy bears, you need the following:
- Two teaspoons of agar-agar powder
- 150mg of the best full-spectrum CBD oil
- Coldwater, half cup
- Silicon mold
- Two cups of fresh orange, pineapple, or passion juice
- Add fresh juice into the saucepan and then heat it over a medium heat source
- Mix agar-agar with cold water in a separate bowl and stir until it dissolves
- Add the water and agar-agar mixture into the saucepan and keep stirring
- Remove your saucepan from the heat source and leave it to cool after the mixture has mixed evenly
- Add the best CBD oil once your mixture has finally cooled
- Pour your mixture into your molds and then put it in a refrigerator
- After setting, remove the mixture from the fridge and then lift it from the mold carefully
- Toss gummies in the icing sugar so that they do not stick together
- Store your gummies in a cool, dry place
Your homemade vegan CBD gummies can stay for 10 to 15 days.
Vegan CBD Lollipops Recipe
Do you want to make the best vegan CBD lollipops? Here is a simple recipe to guide you.
- Decarboxylated CBD or CBD tincture
- Half cup of light corn syrup
- One cup of raw organic cane sugar three teaspoonfuls of peppermint flavoring
- Finely powdered cane sugar
- ¼ cup of spring water
- Mix your cane sugar, spring water, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan.
- Stir the mixture over medium heat until all sugar dissolves completely.
- Insert a candy thermometer once the liquid hits the boiling point. Stop stirring the mixture after boiling starts. Remove your saucepan from your heat source once the temperature reaches 300F.
- Stir in your peppermint and peppermint flavoring after the temperature of the mixture reaches 250F.
- Place paper sticks into your lollipop molds
- Pour your sticky mixture into the lollipop molds
- Leave the molds to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove molds and then dust your CBD lollipops with cane sugar.
Essentially, you need a candy thermometer, lollipop mold, and lollipop sticks to make vegan CBD lollipops.
Vegan CBD Peanut Butter Cups
To make vegan CBD peanut butter cups, THC-infused coconut oil can be replaced with the regular coconut oil, and then CBD oil can be added.
- Half cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Half cup of maple syrup
- Half cup of CBD-infused or regular coconut oil
- Peanut butter
- Cupcake liners
- Whisk maple syrup, coconut oil, and cocoa powder together until smooth
- Like the cupcake tin with silicone or paper liners
- Fill the bottom of the cups with chocolate and then add peanut butter and eventually, more chocolate. You can do this the way you desire.
- Pop your tins in a freezer for about 30 minutes after filling the cups for the chocolate to solidify.
Store peanut butter cups in a freezer to prevent melting.
Vegan CBD Latte Recipe
If you’re a fan of CBD latte, here is a recipe for making vegan CBD latte.
- One to two scoops of coffee grounds
- Water-soluble CBD tincture or oil
- A sea salt pinch
- Half tsp vanilla extract
- One cup of hemp milk
- Two tsp honey or date syrup or your preferred sweetener
- Combine honey, hemp milk, vanilla extract, CBD oil, and sea salt in a saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk your ingredients and heat them together until they get warm
- Add the mixture into a cup of coffee.
- Serve a warm cup or even power it over pure ice if you prefer it chilled.
The Bottom Line
Research has revealed many potential health benefits of CBD. Try these recipes if you want to use the best CBD for pain, anxiety, or other conditions. Nevertheless, talk to your healthcare provider before trying CBD, especially if you’re already taking conventional medications.
And if you’re looking for places in NYC where you can buy CBD edibles – read this post.