For many of us, it is customary to add pure fruit juices on our shopping list. It seems that many of us especially love orange juice, although there are so many more fruit juices available on the market. For most shoppers, they choose the fruit juices that everyone in the family loves most.
And why not? It means that every family member can have an excellent source of potassium and vitamin C, as well as other nutrients. However, even if the fruit juices you buy are 100% natural, they can become an additional source of calories and sugar. Experts recommend that a person should only have one serving of fruit juice a day. Just make sure that you are drinking fresh-pressed and cold-pressed fruit juices with no sugar added.
But did you know that each type of fruit juice provides different health benefits?
Health benefits of your favorite fruit juices
You drink fruit juices because you know it is good for you. They boost your immune system and give you the energy to remain active. So, let’s learn what benefits you get from a few different fresh fruit juices. For our readers in the UK (apparently, we have lots of them!) if you need a good source of fresh fruit juices, check out fruit juice suppliers UK.
Here’s our list of benefits you’ll get from each fruit Juice:
- Watermelon juice is mostly water; therefore, we can safely say that watermelon juice is one of the most hydrating juice out there, asides from water :). On top of that, the juice has plenty of antioxidants that can lower the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and cancer. It is an excellent juice to drink while working out as it contains citrulline, an amino acid that helps reduce inflammation and muscle soreness.
- Pomegranate juice is becoming very popular due to the high number of antioxidants it contains, along with vitamins C and E, which protect you from sun damage. Pomegranate can help reduce wrinkles, as well. It helps prevent the growth of aromatase, an enzyme that promotes breast cancer growth. The juice reduces inflammation, as well.
- Blueberry juice contains antioxidants and flavonoids in significant amounts, which are known to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and other disorders that affect your mental health. Blueberry juice increases the nitric oxide in your body, which lowers blood pressure. The juice is also known to be useful against diabetes.
- Grapefruit juice is an excellent juice to drink for people suffering from excess water retention. It strengthens the immune system and boosts your metabolism. When purchasing grapefruit juice, choose the ruby reds, which are useful in lowering blood sugar and managing your weight.
- Cranberry juice contains vitamin C and antioxidants. It’s excellent for reducing inflammation and helps prevent urinary tract infections, cavities, and kidney stones.
- Orange juice is packed with vitamin C, which boosts the immune system. Orange juice helps fight off free radicals and can help lower the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure.
- Red grape juice is rich in resveratrol and flavonoids, which are beneficial to your heart.
- Beet juice detoxifies the liver, as it is rich in betalain. You can drink a small amount of beet juice each week and still stimulate the enzymes to start detoxifying and flush out the toxins from your body.
If you want more than one glass of juice a day, add sparkling water or tap water to your pure fruit juice to reduce the calories. And if you’re looking for a juice recipe – check out this post 🙂