If you want the best New York style pizza, you should not have any trouble finding it in New York. But if what you need is a dinner venue for a meeting, party, or another kind of get-together and you want New York style pizza, it’s good that you came here because we found what you need.
Just in case it is not clear what New York style pizza is, we have done some digging on that too. A New York style pizza has a hand-tossed crust that is thin enough to fold with thick edges. The reason you have to fold it in half is that the slices are cut extra-large.
The first New York Style Pizza
The toppings vary but the true original going back to the first pizzeria, Lombardi’s, in 1905 just had tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese on it. Back then, they called it Neapolitan pizza that originated in Naples, Italy and that is what they still call it in Italy. But in the US, we call it New York style pizza.
John’s of Times Square
For groups of up to 125 who want the best New York style pizza in the Big Apple, John’s of Times Square is the place. They have a stunning private area upstairs or you can get the smaller front area for up to 45. John’s offers three choices of menus to pick from.
- The New Yorker Option serves pepperoni and plain pizza pies and soft drinks by the pitcher for a real Big Apple buffet experience
- The Pizza Party serves garlic bread, salad, pizzas, calzones, and dessert as well as pitchers of soft drinks
- John’s Classic serves a variety of appetizers, salads, pizzas, calzones, pasta, entrées, dessert, soft drinks, coffee, and tea
Angelo’s has been serving pizza pies since the 1930s and they are proud of their hand-tossed coal-fired New York style slices. You can get white pizza, Margherita, or a square pizza with a variety of toppings. They have seven veggie toppings, six types of meat, six extras, and you can add garlic or make it vegan if you want.
Besides pizza, you and your guests can choose from seven signature dishes like grilled salmon, chicken breast, or lasagna di Casa or 17 different pasta dishes. They also have soups, salads, sides, and appetizers. Contact the restaurant for reservations.
Whether you want New York style pizza, deep dish, or something completely different, Rubirosa has you and your group covered. Choose from a huge list of appetizers like eggplant parmigiana, meatballs, bruschetta, clams, or stuffed artichoke to start. Then try one of their specialty pizzas such as:
- Classic New York style with tomato sauce and mozzarella
- Fresca with fresh mozzarella and basil
- Vodka with vodka sauce and mozzarella
- Brussels sprouts with pancetta, pecorino, pepper, and mozzarella
- Honeypie with mozzarella cheese, soppressata, honey, and parsley
- Tie-Dye with vodka, tomatoes, pesto, and fresh mozzarella
- Arugula with cherry tomatoes, onion, shaved parmigiana, and balsamic
- Bianca with ricotta, mozzarella, garlic, and oregano
- And they also have a variety of pasta dishes, paninis, and sides
No matter whether you are having a huge gathering with all your friends or a small group of family, Serafina is one of the best places to get pizza for a private event venue. In fact, they have nine locations from extravagant to cozy and casual with 22 different pizza specialties as well as pasta, entrées, salads, appetizers, and desserts.
Check out this video to get a glimpse:
For a fancier gathering, Obica serves a plethora of dishes from delectable appetizers like mozzarella samplers to handmade pasta plates as well as burgers, chicken, salmon, and tuna. The choices of pizza range from the traditional New York style with mozzarella to tuna and bell peppers with anchovies and capers. And of course, they have a mouthwatering dessert menu as well.
You can have New York style pizza as well as fine dining in a fabulous establishment for up to 100 people at Gigino Trattoria. Besides the 14 types of pasta dishes and 15 entrées, Gigino has 17 pizza flavors to choose from. Some of these include:
- Gigino is topped with arugula, mozzarella, tomato sauce, and olive oil
- Margherita has sauce, mozzarella, basil, and oregano
- Marinara includes anchovies, garlic, capers, olives, and parmesan
- Funghi is topped with sausage, artichokes, mushrooms, mozzarella, and tomato sauce
- Gorgonzola includes walnuts, mozzarella, blue cheese, and zucchini
It may be called Pasta Lovers, but this restaurant will serve you and 99 guests a delicious New York style pizza as well as a variety of other dishes. Their appetizers include scrumptious tidbits like calamari, mussels, and ravioli and they have five kinds of salads, 19 pasta plates, and fresh handmade pizzas of all kinds. The party room is perfect for large gatherings or you can reserve a group of tables for a small gathering.
Try something new
No matter where you get your pizza in the Big Apple, you can almost always count on finding delicious New York style pizza wherever you go. And the friendly service unique to New York will make you and your guests feel like you are family. Be sure to try something new while you are there.
Do you love drinking wine with your pizza? Check out these 4 wines to pair with pizza.