Ever seen a complete Street Food Menu? Well, Street food has always been popular in certain places such as Asia and Latin America, but now it’s truly becoming a worldwide phenomena.
We document the New York Street Food scene, but there is a whole wide world of street food out there, and Omni Hotels is bringing it directly to their guests.
Omni had a competition for chefs to create a dish that celebrates an authentic dish from their home region. More than 160 Street Food recipes were submitted by chefs from 56 countries. Omni chose 3 of its chefs and worked with 3 other chefs from the Global Hotel Alliance to create a “Simply Street Food” menu. Six dishes were selected to be featured on the new menu—three dishes from Omni chefs, and three from GHA member chefs.
Click through to find out what interesting local dishes were selected, and to watch a short video about the creation of the “Simply Street Food” menu.
The featured dishes in this Street Food Menu include:
- Famous Peddler’s Char Kway Teow from Chef Andy Oh, Pan Pacific Orchard in Singapore;
- Short Rib and Vermont Cheddar Sandwich from Chef Gerard Tice, Omni Parker House;
- Chicken Musakhan Sandwich from Chef Moh’d Alla Alaham, Emirates Palace Abu Dhabi;
- Citrus Ancho Braised Lamb Tostado from Chef Scott Mole, Omni Bedford Springs;
- Duck Empanada with Smoked Tomato Mayonnaise Chef Gene Moss, from Omni La Mansion; and
- Acarajé de Orixá from Chef Josemar Passos, Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte in Bahia, Brazil.
The wordly menu will be available at Omni Hotels & Resorts bars and lounges through March 2013.
Check out the video below to find out more about the new Simply Street Food menu from Omni Hotels & Resorts. [Lodging Magazine]