The New York City Food Truck Association will continue using funds raised through their indiegogo fundraiser, the new partnership with the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City and the Film Food Festival, as well as new corporate sponsorships. This will enable 23 food trucks to serve hot meals today in areas of NYC that were devastated by Sandy.
There are also plenty of food trucks in Manhattan for working stiffs like us. Check the Mobile Munchies twitter feed for the latest info.
Today, the following food trucks will be in:
· Gorilla Cheese-Coney Island Ave. & Brighton Beach Ave.
· Valducci’s – Our Lady of Solace Church, Mermaid Ave. & 19th St.
· Solver Pupusas– Calvary Baptist Church, Hicks between Mill Street & West 9th Street
· Schnitz ‘n Things: Our Lady of Solace Church, Mermaid Ave. & 19th St.
· Cupcake Crew NYC– Red Hook, Will tweet exact location
STATEN ISLAND (12pm-4pm)
· Souvlaki GR– Mount Loretto, 6581 Hylan Blvd.
· Coolhaus– Father Capodano Blvd. & Hunter Ave.
· Taim– Father Capodano Blvd. & Hunter Ave. Sponsored by HAVAS
· Nuchas Empanadas– Miller Field, Mill Road & New Dorp Lane
· Milk Truck– Miller Field, Mill Road & New Dorp Lane Sponsored by Glamour Magazine
· Rickshaw Truck– Miller Field, Mill Road & New Dorp Lane Sponsored by Glamour Magazine
· Now Eat This Truck– Miller Field, Mill Road & New Dorp Lane Sponsored by Glamour Magazine
· Chinese Mirch– St. Helen’s at 157-10 83rd St.
· Big D’s Grub– Hammel Community Center, Beach 84th St. & Rockaway Beach Blvd.
· Eddie’s Pizza– Community Church of the Nazarene, 1414 Central Avenue
· Palenque– Redfern Houses Community Center, Hassock Street & Beach Channel Drive
· Mexico Blvd.- Our Lady of Grace, 100-05 159th Avenue
· Taco Bite– St. Francis de Sales, Beach Blvd. & Beach 129th St. Sponsored by Morgan Stanley
· Morris Truck– Waldbaum’s Parking Lot, 112-15 Beach Channel Drive
· Mike ‘n Willie’s– Beach 41st St. Community City, Beach Channel Dr. & Beach 40th St.
· Toum– St. Francis de Sales, Beach Blvd. & Beach 129th St. Sponsored by Morgan Stanley
· Wafels & Dinges– Hammel Community Center, Beach 84th St. & Rockaway Beach Blvd. Sponsored by Morgan Stanley
· Seoul Food NYC– Breezy Point, Will tweet exact location
· Sweetery NYC-Far Rockaway @ 129th St & Rockaway (St. Francis de Sales) beach Blvd
· The Treats Truck– The Rockaways, Will tweet exact location
La Bella Torte We are back in breezy point today serving soup coffee