Stouffer’s Mac & Cheese Truck + Celebrity Chefs = Hurricane Sandy Relief
We know you’re leery of promotional food trucks giving away bite-sized samples, but hear us out on this one.
100% of the profits from Stouffer’s Mac ‘N’ Cheese Truck sales is being donated to the Mayor’s Fund to Advance NYC in support of Sandy Relief.
Not only that, but six celebrity chefs will be on hand on different days, putting their own twist on that most comforting of comfort foods, mac & cheese.
The Stouffer’s Mac ‘N’ Cheese Truck will operate on weekdays from Monday, January 28 – Thursday, February 14 at a variety of locations across the city.
On most days, Chefs Lior Lev Sercarz and Elizabeth Karmel will serve traditional Stouffer’s Macaroni & Cheese for $4 per bowl, prepared with fresh pasta and 100% real cheddar cheese. There will also be five restaurant-inspired variations: Chili Mac, BBQ Mac, Mex Mac, Veggie Mac and ‘Shroom Mac.
On select days, the Stouffer’s Mac ‘N’ Cheese Truck will feature a chef du jour who will serve their own specialty macaroni and cheese dish, revealed that morning, along with the traditional Stouffer’s Mac & Cheese. They are as follows:
- Tuesday, January 29 – Seamus Mullen, Executive Chef/owner of Tertulia and TV personality on “The Next Iron Chef” and “Chopped”
- Thursday, January 31 – Amanda Freitag, former Executive Chef of The Harrison and TV personality on “Unique Eats,” “Chopped,” and “Iron Chef America”
- Tuesday, February 5 – Lee Anne Wong, TV personality on “Iron Chef America,” “Unique Eats” and “The Next Iron Chef: Redemption”
- Thursday, February 7 – Marc Murphy, Executive Chef/owner of Benchmarc Restaurants and TV personality on “Chopped”
- Monday, February 11 – Chris Santos, Executive Chef/owner of The Stanton Social, Beauty & Essex and TV personality on “Chopped”
- Thursday, February 14 – Sarah Simmons, chef/curator of CITY GRIT and Food & Wine’s first-ever “Home Cook Superstar”
At the close of the three week promotion, sales will be tallied and the chef du jour with the top-selling Stouffer’s Mac & Cheese creation will have $25,000 donated on their behalf by Stouffer’s to further the Mayor’s Fund Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. This donation will be on top of the donation of the truck’s macaroni and cheese sales throughout the promotion.
Additionally David Bailey, Stouffer’s Chef du Cuisines from the Nestle Culinary Center, will serve his signature dish – Mex Mac – on Wednesday, February 6.
To kick off the program, the Stouffer’s Mac ‘N’ Cheese Truck will be in Gerritsen Beach, Brooklyn on Sunday, January 27th from 11am – 3pm . Chefs Sercarz and Karmel will be serving up free bowls of mac & cheese as the community continues to rebuild.
The Mayor’s Fund retains no administrative fee, and one hundred percent of donations in support of Sandy Relief are being dispersed to relief efforts and organizations. Funds will support immediate aid needs-including food, cleaning materials and hygiene supplies-as well as long-term relief and restoration.
Please try to support this great cause, which will be helping our neighbors in need.